Monday, February 14, 2011

Ready For Spring!


I found a recipe the other day for strawberry lemonade cookies. I was immediately salivating and I just HAD to make them. So tonight I took the challenge and produced some very pink cookies! They are very sweet and very tarty and totally easy to make! If you're a strawberry lover, this is a pretty great cookie, but unfortunately for me, I'm not too huge on the mix. But I'm still glad I made them, and I think they will grow on me as I continue to eat the pile of cookies in my kitchen! I think the icing is super yummy and would be great on a simple sugar cookie or even a plain lemon cookie. Also, next time I make them, I'm going to try half strawberry and half vanilla cake mix to tone down the strawberry flavor! NOTE: these would make a super-duper cute addition to a pink baby shower or birthday party! Definitely a feminine cookie!

Want to try them out yourself? Here's the recipe!

For the cookies:
* Strawberry cake mix
* 1 stick butter, softened
* 2 eggs
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 Tbs. water
* 1/2 cup pink lemonade mix

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and beat with a mixer till well blended. Drop by teaspoons onto a baking stone or cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

For the frosting:
* 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
* 3 Tbs. pink lemonade mix
* 3 Tbs. soft butter
* 1-3 Tbs. milk

Stir the powdered sugar and lemonade mix together in a small bowl. Stir in the butter. Add the milk gradually, until the frosting reaches a spreadable consistency. You want it thick, but smooth enough to spread. Frost cooled cookies.

(And thank you, Tiffany for the recipe!)

No comments: